Designing for the Laser Cutter using Adobe Illustrator
September 23 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmA$80.00
You might have heard (or seen) that we have a Laser Cutter in the Fabrication Lab. This piece of machinery is one of our favourites; it’s fast, incredibly precise and can (with some imagination) create beautiful items, from jewellery to wallets, lampshades, custom boxes and business signage.
In this 4 hour workshop we’ll show you how to use Adobe Illustrator (the software that talks to the Laser Cutter) to design objects that are then ready to be cut or etched on the Laser.
At the end of the workshop you’ll walk away with:
- A cardboard lampshade with your own original laser-cut design
- Some basic skills in Adobe Illustrator; and,
- A Laser Cutter Induction that allows you to book our laser cutter for free in Open Lab sessions
Requirements and prerequisites:
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account before you arrive. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment
To find out more about what’s on offer at The Edge, read about our Fabrication Lab and community makerspace.
Before you book, please read our Short Courses FAQ. You’ll find answers to age restrictions, what to bring, what to do if you’re running late, refunds and more. For more detailed information, please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions.