- This event has passed.
Festive Bling: Laser Cut Christmas Jewellery
December 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
You might have heard (or seen) that we have a laser cutter in the Fabrication Lab. This piece of machinery is one of our favourites; it’s fast, incredibly precise and can (with some imagination) create beautiful items, from jewellery and wallets, to lampshades and signage.
In this four hour workshop we’ll take you through the process of making festive acrylic laser-cut jewellery, from design to finished pieces. Keep them for yourself, or give them as beautiful gifts, hand-made with love. With your new design skills and The Edge’s laser cutter, the sky is the limit!
At the end of the workshop you’ll walk away with:
– An understanding of the process of designing flat and layered acrylic designs
– Some basic skills in Adobe Illustrator to develop your ideas into finished designs suitable for laser cutting
– Two to three pieces of sparkly festive jewelry
– A completed laser cutter induction, which will allow you to book our laser cutter for free in open lab times.
This workshop is presented by experienced jewelry designer, Kat Johnston, of Fractured Lace.
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account before you arrive. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment