The Architecture Symposium
March 15 @ 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
A forum about Architecture, Design and Urbanism from the Asia Pacific
Twelve of the Asia Pacific’s most lauded, experimental and socially conscious practitioners will come together for this one-day symposium that explores the innovative thinking and transformative projects that are creating new world cities for the emerging Asian century.
The speakers reflect the diversity of the countries, cities and people of the Asia Pacific and the breadth of its architecture. They will address the way communities from across the region are responding to the demands of the future and the pivotal role that architecture plays.
- Maki Onishi and Yuki Hyakuda (Onishimak + Hyakudayuki Architects, Japan)
- Diane Jones (PTW, Australia)
- Young Jang and Sook Hee Chun (Wise Architecture, Korea)
- Alex Mok and Briar Hickling (Linehouse Design, China)
- Richard Naish (RTA Studio, New Zealand)
- Chatpong Chuenrudeemol (Chat Architects, Thailand)
- Koos de Keijzer (DKO Architecture, Australia)
- Kelly Shannon (University of South Carolina, USA)
- Li Hu and Huang Wenjing (OPEN Architecture, China).
Presented as part of the third annual Asia Pacific Architecture Forum (Brisbane, 10–23 March 2018), the symposium will bring together leading architects, designers, their clients and collaborators from across the Asia Pacific.
See more at DesignSpeaks.com.au.
Image: MU:M Office by Korean practice Wise Architecture. Photography: Kyung Roh.