BRISBANE OPEN HOUSE (BOH)
BACK IN 2018 FOR TWO DAYS: WEEKEND 13-14 OCTOBER
In 2018 the BOH team has managed to unlock 100+ buildings for your visiting pleasure, so if you think you have seen it all, look again. There are sure to be a couple of new favourites to experience.
Below is a list of my recommendations for the weekend. As there are quite a few new buildings this year, I have focused on these and other new ones on my ‘to-do’ list. Some buildings require tickets that are pre-booked and bookings are taken on a first come-first served basis.
Tickets will be released this coming Friday 28 September at 9am… refresh, refresh, refresh!
MY TOP PICKS FOR 2018
* = pre-booked tickets
- MOUNT ALVERNIA COLLEGE by m3architecture
- PATRICK AUTOSTRAD TERMINALS by Fiala Ooi
- CHURCHIE CENTENARY LIBRARY by BSPN Architecture
- ONE ROOM TOWER* by Phorm Architecture
- AUCHENFLOWER HOUSE* by Vokes & Peters
- TWO PAVILION HOUSE* by Toussaint and Volz
- EDEN LANE* by Rothelowman
If you are new to BOH, you can’t go past the following favourites:
- QUEEN ELIZABETH II COURTS OF LAW* by Architectus with Guymer Bailey
- SPRING HILL BATHS by City Engineer Thomas Kirk
- TRI* by Donovan Hill + Wilsons Architects
- WALTER TAYLOR BRIDGE*
- ECOSCIENCES PRECINCT by Hassell
- TOONARBIN* by Benjamin Backhouse
- ST ANDREW’S LUTHERAN by Barry Walduck
REGIONAL QLD OPEN HOUSE WEEKENDS
Don’t forget there are other regional centres in Queensland that are also celebrating their local buildings:
- MARYBOROUGH OPEN HOUSE: 22 September http://www.ourfrasercoast.com.au/Open-House
- CAIRNS OPEN HOUSE: 14-15 October https://www.cairnsarchitecturefest.org/openhouse/
- GOLD COAST OPEN HOUSE: 27 October http://goldcoastopenhouse.com.au
- TOOWOOMBA OPEN HOUSE: May 2019 https://www.toowoombaopenhouse.com.au
- BUNDABERG OPEN HOUSE: August 2019 http://bundabergregionevents.com.au/events/bundaberg-open-house-2018
As you venture out to discover buildings on the weekend, take a moment to stop by the cafes & food venues listed in this years EmAGN Young Guns Design Map!
A copy can be found in the printed BOH program or this PDF
What building will you be visiting at this year’s Brisbane Open House?
What building do you wish to see that didn’t make this year’s event?