As an Open House fan, I’ll let you into a little secret…. last years Sunshine Coast Open House (the first ever) was one of the best open house weekends we have been to in a long time! We got to see a home perched high on top of the hill above Eumundi by Robinson Architects, followed by a Sparks Architects now very well known Tent House, as seen on Grand Designs Australia last year. Finally, on our way back to Brisbane we visited Shaun Lockyer’s Brazilian-modernist inspired courtyard house on Mooloolah Island.
This years line up, again, looks to be worth a sunny visit to the Sunshine Coast! sunshinecoastopenhouse.com.au
I’ve sorted my ‘picks’ list into non-booked and booked visits. Tickets for booked buildings will be released Wednesday 10th October at 9am… refresh, refresh, refresh!
- MONTESSORI INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE by Dr Phillip Daffara
- STELLA MARIS CATHOLIC CHURCH by Deicke Richards
- BARK STUDIO by Bark Architects
- LAKE WEYBA HOUSE by Gabriel and Elizabeth Poole
- SUNSHINE BEACH HOUSE by Teeland Architects
- SUNSHINE COAST SOLAR FARM by Sunshine Coast Council
- RIDGE HOUSE by Sparks Architects
- USC LIBRARY by John Mainwaring and Associates
- COTTON TREE PILOT HOUSING PROJECT by Clare Design
More about the author: John Ellway