A toolkit remix designed to act as a vehicle for young people to develop design led skills in planning and preparing for disaster in their community.
This toolkit is also an eBook available for download on iTunes.
If you don’t already have an eBook reader, you might like to try Adobe Digital Editions.
Christian Duell, Manager Asia Pacific Design Library, State Library of Queensland 2011 – 2014
Download Christian’s toolkit here.
[APDL Remix 2017]
Adam Jefford, Manager Asia Pacific Design Library
Chenoa Pettrup, Design Lounge Coordinator
This workshop is structured to be undertaken in one 40 minute session however teachers may prefer to break up the workshop into separate exercises over a period of time. Teachers are also encouraged to explore further inquiry (background research) to enhance the ideation exercises.
2. Future Scenario
3. Disaster Scenarios
• Internet connection with access to Google and YouTube
• 4 x blank A5 postcards (or A5 pieces of paper) for every 4 students in the class
• Pencil or pen for each student
• 1 x A3 piece of card for every 4 students in the class
• Various presentation materials (such as coloured card and recycled materials) to develop a poster
We are always looking to improve our toolkits and we would love to hear your thoughts. Please email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive APDL updates in your inbox. Once a month, no spam.